Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby Annoucement

Hello! Welcome to my baby Mac Blog! Well today I am at week 13 that means 5 more days and I'm in my second trimester... YIPPIE!!! I meant to start this blog when I found out that I was pregnant, however baby Mac had other plans. As I have been EXTREMELY sick with all day and night sickness. So in this post I plan to catch everyone up on the past 13 weeks so please bare with me as it's a lot for one post!

Weeks 1-3 December 15th is the day we found out we were pregnant, I was 3 weeks 4 days pregnant. We used first response pregnancy test, I must say I honestly didn't think that a test could be that accurate that fast, needless to say that's why I preceded to buy more pregnancy tests to make sure, all four were positive! If I were reading this blog I'd be asking myself why did you test that early? Well here's the story:

It was Christmas time and I was out shopping at Target December 13th, I'm the type of person that never gets HOT, well as I was shopping I was waiting in a huge line I started to feel myself get really really warm then I started to feel nauseous, so I did what any smart person would do I dropped my stuff on the floor and ran out the door. I knew something was not right, I opened all the windows to my car and drove home. {sign number 1}

It was December 14th I was sitting at my desk at the Southside YMCA where I was the Membership Coordinator, I started to get the same feeling that I got at Target, lucky for me I wasn't far from a door I opened that door up and immediately felt better (Temperature was about 60 that day) Later that day I called my Best Friend Kayla (she just had twin baby boys back in July) I knew that if anyone could answer my questions it would be this girl! I immediately started asking her questions about early pregnancy and how she felt. She told me that her breast hurt really really bad. I immediately did the breast check, I was squeezing them to see if they felt different...Nope sure didn't so I wrote it off as me being crazy! Kayla the good friend that she is encouraged me to watch my symptoms and treat myself like I was pregnant ha

Oh December 15th how I will always remember you! Once again I was working at the Southside YMCA, I had just found out a couple weeks prior that I would be moving from Ft Stewart Georgia which is close to Savannah GA to Ft Benning which is in Columbus Georgia (You'd think the Army would let me out of the GREAT State of Georgia) So my co worker/boss (Charissa) and I went out to get Panera as we did everyday. At Panera I ordered a sandwich and a Pepsi. We went back to work and I shortly left to go home as I did most days. On the drive home I was still sipping on the Pepsi and then all of the sudden I had the urge to throw up (TMI yes I know) so I pulled over (once again by Target) thinking I was going to throw up but never did. On the way home I made the decision to stop by CVS and pick up a pregnancy test, I had to prove to myself that I wasn't crazy and that these crazy symptoms were real! So I proceeded to the nearest CVS I picked up three tests (All came in a box of two with one for free lucky me) I ran home to pee on a stick, I came home said Hi to the husband and ran upstairs to pee HA HA It wasn't two seconds after I peed on the stick that it came back positive, it was kinda faint but it looked like a positive to me. I started yelling for my husband as I was in complete SHOCK since I really wasn't thinking it would actually be positive this soon! As I was yelling my poor dog Studdley, who had been with me through the peeing on the stick process, got a little nervous with all the excitement that as soon as Tyler came up to our room, I said It's POSITIVE and I kid you not on cue Studdley threw up ALL OVER TYLER'S foot! I should have taken this as a sign that I would be throwing up for the next 10 weeks of my life! HA if dogs could talk right?! After Tyler cleaned up the mess I decided I needed to talk to the expert Kayla luckily for me she only lived 17 houses away at the time, so I hopped in my Jeep and drove to her house (Pee stick in hand) I ran to the front door and knocked until she answered! She finally came to the door and I must have looked CRAZY but I said I think this thing says Positive what do you think? yep I think it's positive Congrats! And we kinda jumped up and down and that was that ha ha she was super excited!

We decided to keep the news between us until my first ultrasound, meaning we had to go all Christmas without saying a peep to anyone... well until of course Christmas dinner at my grandparents house on December 23rd rolled around and I nearly throw up all over the table when I attempted to eat sausage, thank goodness I was quick on my feet and I claimed that I was coming down with a stomach bug! I"m not sure anyone really believed me! That was the start of my hate for meat that still to this day has not really gone away. ERRRR...

January 3rd was my first doctors appointment, since I was moving the doctor decided to do an ultrasound I was (7 weeks and a couple of days)

The doctor checked the ultrasound told me Baby Mac was in the right spot and everything looked well, so Tyler and I made the decision to tell close friends and family that we were expecting in August! YAY!!!

We also made the decision not to tell the world until I was in the second trimester, according to my doctor in Savannah it's 13 weeks and my OBGYN here it's 14 weeks. hmmm...

I had my first appointment at Ft Benning at Martin Hospital on January 20th they checked the heartbeat and did a bedside ultrasound to make sure baby Mac was once again in the same spot! One thing that I've noticed with military doctors is that they like to check and double check everything! I had to have my blood taken 3 times and pee in a cup 3 times for 3 different docs at Ft Benning just to prove that I was indeed having a baby.

Then on February 1st I had another doctors appointment this was to meet with the nurse to make sure that I was taking my prenatal vitamins, checking on my asthma, and prescribing me more nausea medicine that I would later learn doesn't work for me. I actually was prescribe pretty much all the nausea medicine that you can take while being pregnant and nothing worked. So I just learned to deal with it. :( At this doctors appointment I had lost 11 pounds I went from being 127 to 118 in a matter of a couple of weeks. If I wasn't pregnant I probably would have been jumping for JOY! Ha I also got to listen to baby Mac's heartbeat it was music to my ears! The baby's heartbeat was 178.

After the doctors appointment I had made up my mind I was going to tell the world I was going to have a baby! If you know me I'd like to think I'm a pretty creative person so I saw this GREAT idea on Pinterest to use a chalkboard to announce your pregnancy so I went to Home depot bought MDF board for 5 dollars and chalkboard paint for 8 dollars and went home and painted it. The next day I put it on my wall, and had my husband take a picture of me!

And that is how I announced it to all my wonderful facebook friends! :) I'll write again tomorrow with the 13 week update and all the questions that I wanted to know prior to 13 weeks!










No comments:

Post a Comment